Sunday, May 13, 2007

When Did stock.xchng Start Charging?

And where have I been? I just got Photoshop Elements so I can edit photos for my Suite101.com Pop Music articles. So I wanted to download some really cool photos from stock.xchng as I have done before...but guess what? stock.xchng charges now! Maybe I'm the cheapest person alive, but I just don't want to pay for what I took freely before. I actually made a photo work that I had previously downloaded (and wisely saved) from the site months ago.

I thought this was the "leading free stock photo site?" When I tried to download a photo, it said I needed credits, then I needed to buy the credits for $4.99. So how do you call your site a free stock photo site when you charge? Maybe it's time to report them to This Is Broken. Anyway, here's one of the photos on stock.xchng I really liked. I gotta figure out how this silly credits thing works.

Until then, I can dick around with my own free photos in Photoshop Elements.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home